Entirely developed and handcrafted in Russia, the open-back Kennerton’s Vali headphones are using newest components to deliver the best listening experience while creating an aesthetically memorable product.
With Kennerton‘s Vali, we succesfully achieved a lively, natural sound, that finely strikes in the balance of neither being too dark and congested, nor overly bright and sharp. Its sound signature is wide and open, yet clear and powerful, befitting the best qualities from a dynamic headphones.
WE ONLY USE THE FINEST MATERIALS
- Ear cups are made from Peruvian walnut wood. The gorgeous deep brown wood is known to resonate clear sound with warm overtones and rich bass. A key reason why Walnut wood are usually 2010 reserved for producing some of the finest guitars.
- The wood is impregnated with natural oil and processed with the mix of bee and carnauba waxes.
- All joints are made of aerospace grade die-cast aluminium and steel parts, ensuring high durability and reliability.
- Old USSR military grade copper litz wire, terminating to a mini-XLR, is carefully selected to bring out the best audio performance.
- Luxurious lambskin leather headband and ear cushions ensure extreme comfort for long listening pleasure.
vAs the metal grille is located right behind the driver in an open-back design, any reflected wave will interfere with sound. Thusacoustically inert Zinc alloy is selected to prevent and unnecessary resonances.
THE HEART OF VALI
Vali is equipped with unique 50mm drivers using ultra-lightweight paper composite diaphragms that are exclusively designed with award-winning manufacturer, Peerless® by Tymphany. They offer great sensitivity, while reducing unwanted resonance and distortion. Its audio performance is then carefully tuned by our Russian engineers to ensure that nothing falls below excellence.
The diaphragm is specially designed and made of a composite paper cone shielded in multi-layered laminated film. Composite paper has been well known and widely used in speaker manufacturing because of the following reasons which you can also expect from Kennerton’s Vali.
- Low mass: Increases the response time to an incoming signal, while minimising the decay time. The result is a rich and emotional sound.
- High internal damping: Minimum, almost zero additional resonances produced. The result is a smooth and vivid presentation.
- Excellent stiffness: Allows the cone to oscillate without bending. The result is a much reduced distortion.
The mulit-layered laminated film further reduces the distortion by allowing the cone to move easily in perfect piston motion.
OPTIMAL INNER STRUCTURE
To maximize the potential of an excellent driver, it is hugely important to ensure that it works in a perfect condition to manage the resonant and reflected waves.
With Vali, it went through countless experiments to ensure that we create a unique solution that allows the drivers to perform in the purest capability.
Kennerton aims for quality and reliability, so we designed a headphone adjustment system that embodies both.
To start, simply turn the screw (pictured and labeled 1) counterclockwise, until the headphone yoke (2) starts moving freely. Ensure this is done on both sides.
Then, put the headphones back on your head, and tighten the screws (1) on both sides, by turning them clockwise.
Ear cups are made from Peruvian walnut wood. The gorgeous deep brown wood is known to resonate clear sound with warm overtones and rich bass. A key reason why Walnut wood are usually reserved for producing some of the finest guitars.
- All wood types used for making the headphones' assembly and cups always undergo multiple different processes. We use drying and coating methods which have antibacterial substances making the cups pleasant to look at and resistant against environmental factors.
- Our wooden cups are made by a specific in-house developed procedure. The wood types and geometry of acoustic design, influences the sound and we therefore take this into account when producing and designing our cups.
- Cups is designed in 3D on a computer and milled on a precise CNC machine; because a CNC machines have extreme processing quality and 100% geometric shape repeatability.
- After the milling operation, the cups are sanded and polished by hand.
- After sanding, wood is coated by using special oils to protect it from humidity and prevent it from deteriorating.
- After drying of oils, the cups are covered by the first coat of lacquer, which is drying for 12 hours.
- The dried lacquers coat is sanding and leveling by hand and then covered by finish coat of lacquer for maximum gloss.
Note: Each pair of headphones is one of a kind, and due to the nature of handwork, slight variations in wood grain may occur.
Ear cushions are handmade in-house from soft lambskin from a remote highland region in Nothern Caucasus. Natural leather has a better damping effect than artifical leather, making sound more clear and focused. Inside dimensions are large enough for any ears, so comfort is not an issue.
Removable cable made of oxygen-free copper with mini XLR connector to headphones and high-quality 3.5 mm (TRS) plug to amplifier. Cable length is 2.0 m.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- When plugging-in our headphones into an amplifier, please ensure the volume is set at a safe and low volume, in order to avoid hearing damage.
- The very low levels of distortion present within the Odin can make the listening levels higher than is initially perceived and we would like to warn you of this so that you are able to enjoy these headphones for many years without damaging your ears.
- Overexposure to excessive sound levels can damage your ears, resulting in permanent noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL). Please use the following guidelines established by the Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) on the maximum time exposure to sound pressure levels.
LISTENING TO AUDIO AT EXCESSIVE VOLUMES CAN CAUSE PERMANENT HEARING DAMAGE – USE AS LOW A VOLUME AS POSSIBLE:
- Do not use headphones while driving, crossing streets, or doing any other activity where full attention to your surroundings is required.
- As with any equipment which will be used in close proximity to sensitive areas of the body, it is essential that the ear-pads and headband are kept clean. Use a damp cloth for cleaning, by using warm water or hypoallergenic wax only. Make sure to take care whilst performing this task, as to prevent any water damage to the transducers.
CARING, STORAGE AND CLEANING
- Store in a clean, dry environment.
- When not in-use, always store your headphones in the protective case provided.
- Do not keep the product in places with high temperature (exceeding 60°C), high humidity or where there’s excessive dust.
- Avoid exposure to liquids.
- Never try to dismantle or repair the product.
- Use a soft dry cloth to clean the housing. Do not use sorbents or gasoline as their application may result in the change of color or even damage the surface of the headphones.
- Do not unduly pull on the cable.
- Do not fold the cable.
Like your shoes, earphones usually require some “break-in” period. In the audio world this is known as “burn-in”. The sound quality out-the-box may vary from the actual final sound the headphones can reproduce. This however is normal, and with time (usually 50 hours) the audio drivers become more accustom to the music being played through them and therefore are able to reproduce a more accurate sound.
Driver Unit: 50 mm
Frequency Response: 10-28000 Hz
Sensitivity: 100 dB
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Maximum Input Power: 500 mW
Cable size: 2 m (Y – type)
Cable type: Detachable (TRS/mini XLR)
Enclosure type: Open back
Enclosure material: Natural wood
Headband type: Manually adjustable
Headband casing: Natural leather
Ear Coupling: Circumaural
Earcups material: Natural leather
Weight: 550 g (w/o cable)